Met You In St. Louis, Next Stop Dallas! aka Ode to Laura

10/31/2019
Life is just a mood ring you're not allowed to see-TMBG

Hi everyone!

So, St. Louis was an AMAZING 2nd stop on the Jay & Silent Bob Reboot Roadshow tour!  Kevin, Jay, Josh and Liv along with all the local event staff were stellar!  Kev even said he enjoyed the reactions from St. Louis at The Pageant Theater audience best of all so far.  He's done and will continue to do shows that I can not attend so maybe that has changed.  As last I knew it was St. Louis that brought the house down with laughter and tears! My heart is so filled with love that it is coming out of my eyes.  My seat mate was bawling too so it all worked out.

Many things were learned on the St. Louis trip.  Most of all I have made friends that seem to genuinely like me and that is a feeling that I had given up on almost all the way.  Yes, I have friends. Not many but, they are spread out all over the country and even Europe too.

In my home town of Olympia, WA I was not liked by more than three friends at a time until after my 22nd birthday.  There was an event that happened to me when I was 13 that probably shaped my life forever.  An older boy, a party, drugs and booze were all involved.  It started with a lie. The old I'm staying at Mary's house and Mary is staying at mine lie that somehow worked every time.




Me at 13. Black hair for a while. A friend that has now passed. Mom made him pose on the bike after I did his hair.  Yes, we are dying eggs ;)

Well, neither of us were at our own homes.  We went to a party for Mary's birthday.  It was in the winter and at a house on Sleater-Kinney that I will never forget.  There were no cell phones and people didn't just let you use their house phone.  Not that it would have mattered.  Got to the house alone. My "boyfriend" and Mary were supposed to meet me there which didn't happen until hours later.  It was super cold and they wouldn't let me in unless I drank a beer and did a line (YES I KNOW I SHOULD HAVE LEFT).  It would have been a miles and miles of walking  to any payphone and even further to walk home.  So I did it.

Spent the next the next hour or so locked in a bathroom because a young boy kept kissing me and trying to take off my way too short for that party skirt.  Eventually my friends arrived and relieved me.  Drank more beer. Did more coke.  Ended up in a bed with my boyfriend holding my face with his hands up like blinders so I couldn't see the room. That's when whatever happened, happened.

Won't go into anymore detail than that and only wanted to say anything because for the longest time in Olympia I was known as "That Girl From That Party".  Thank goodness nobody remembered my name.  So all there was to do was stay away from Lacey as much as possible.  I was a cautionary tale, a slut, a whore, a bad seed and any other saying you can think of.  Finally I left for Seattle, Portland, San Fran, L.A. and NYC. Didn't come home for two years.  Even that didn't end it.  Some people still recognized me even though I'd gone full on Knox Gelatin Mohawk, Doc Marten wearing, Punk Rock Girl. I am not her anymore.

My point is that it took until my 30's to find a group of people that actually care about me as much as I do about them.  I am grateful every day anyone says or does anything that shows how kind the humans of the world can be.  Just need to find the right denominator in the people you choose to surround yourself with.  Thanks to Kevin Smith my people have been found.


On the set of Jay and Silent Bob Reboot with Laura, Cat and an unknown Zombie!


Won't go as far as to say ALL Smith fans are super heroes but, so far it has been wonderful.  As many lovely people that have given me their time and support and all the exchanges that have been made none stand out quite like Laura.

Laura was the most amazing friend in St. Louis.  Couldn't have dreamed my weekend would be perfect because of her.  She picked me up from one of two Sheraton Inns in Maryland Heights and we went out to lunch at The Fountain Locust.  Home of the World Famous Ice Cream Martini!


Chocolate Vodka Ice Cream Martini



After that she drove us to the St. Louis Arch and we looked around a bit. They had a great museum that was free.  Laura kindly had purchased tickets up to the top of the Arch.  They had a great video on how they designed the elevator to take people to the top.  It was like being in what can only be described as a space capsule.  Beautiful views of the Mississippi and all of St. Louis.  We saw the Courthouse and then took a little break before showtime.

At the top!

She had made a group reservation at a pizza joint called Pi that smelled delicious and the one piece of pizza I had was! Unfortunately we were still pretty stuffed from the lunch earlier.  Got to meet lots of my Twitter friends in real life.  Holly and James were great people to talk to. Then off to The Pageant right across the street.

The Pageant Theater


Gorgeous building with old school Neon lighting up the marquee. Jay and Silent Bob Reboot SOLD OUT! on the reader board was wonderful to see!  It was almost 500 people less than my first stop in New Jersey.  The line moved super quick so no huge waits.  Seating was easy although it seemed more like a venue for concerts than movies.  Sure enough back stage where the photo ops were had tons of pictures of every band that had done a show there.  Also lots of stand up comedians.
Laura and I on set


Met another Twitter friend John, who was sweet enough to ask for my picture because of Fatman Beyond. The podcast Kevin does with the amazing Marc Bernardin. So grateful for everyone in St. Louis that made this a show not to miss and very glad I didn't.

After the photo op which I shared with Laura we went outside and I interviewed another subject and Kevin came out to the hardcores to take selfies at about midnight.  I only took one because I want to try and get one each trip if possible.

Two nice and tired guys!


Afterwards we drove back to my hotel where I made sure I stayed awake to be at the airport at 4AM which was not super fun but I was still pumping adrenaline from the excitement of the show.

Tomorrow after 4 days of recovery I fly to Dallas for my 3rd stop on the Reboot Roadshow tour!  Super excited and hopefully the fires don't alter our plane trips but, even more, hope everyone stays safe!

If you are in Dallas and would be willing to let me interview you come seek my Cat Ear Headphones out!

Thank you all for reading and feel free to comment to me on Twitter @cannamiss or here if you would like to.

Till next time!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About Me

The Why Of It All