Dallas and Beyond...

Wow! Dallas! Fourth showing of Jay and Silent Bob Reboot was amazingly special!

Was lucky enough to go with my good friend Nate who set up a place to stay with his friends and now mine Hope and Eric.  Such amazing hosts that stayed up all night to be able to drop us at the airport!  Went above, beyond and completely out of their way to make sure we got some great footage and had an extra special time.  Can't thank them enough for their kindness.

Eric, Hope, myself and Nate in front of the Texas Theatre in Dallas.


The venue was the smallest I have been to yet! 450 people!

Inside the Texas Theatre


The showing was incredibly intimate and met so many people that I had either worked with on set or interacted with purely on social media platforms.

We arrived very late the night before the show so Hope and Eric took us to a wonderful brunch at Henry's Majestic restaurant.  I had a delicious hash and a "make your own Mimosa".  They had a lovely bar set up and brought me a large serving of sparkling wine and had about 6 or 7 juices and purees to choose from along with fresh berries, pineapple and mangoes. 

All of us after our meal at Henry's Majestic

Hope and Eric knew a lot of the staff who were amazing and a truly kind group of humans.  Definitely a place I would happily return to.

After our meal we went to a used record/movie/book store where I found a copy of Clerks X for $6 that seemed completely unused!  Nate found a couple Stephen King hardcover books including a copy of The Stand with some great art inside so we both scored nicely.  We also went to a very small comic book store that was right around the corner from the theatre and in a really cute part of town that had a nice vintage vibe to it.  Personally I enjoy learning about the cities I visit and Eric was full of knowledge!

On the freeway Nate was kind enough to snap a photo of the building they used for OCP or Omni Consumer Products in Robocop.  Yes, I know it is supposed to be in Detroit but definitely was not filmed there.  
The OCP building from Robocop

The actual show was amazing as usual and spent more time understanding the story.  For instance, there is a scene when Jay says a Merkin is a toupee for pubes. I thought he said "A Merkin is a pube To Pay".  Glad I FINALLY understood that line.  Makes so much more sense now!

The best part was when we were sitting around talking and learning about each other.  I am a very private person but, am trying to become more open with my life and experiences.  A lot of my memories are scary and sad so I don't like making anyone feel uncomfortable.  Talking with Nate and my new friends reminded me that everyone has stories like mine and we can bond instead of being sad or feeling pity for each other.  I wish I could explain it better than that but, pretty sure everyone understands that life isn't easy by now.

Moving on... Nate and I had tickets to the late show.  This was the first show I was at where there were 2 showings in one night and my oh my was it crazy busy with getting the VIPs taken care of before the Kevin and the crew had to immediately leave for Kansas City afterwards.  Even with the tight schedule they made time for everyone Kev invited to hang out after the show including Jacob and his wife Ashley who makes the wonderful dolls all by hand that have the likeness of celebrities.  Jay even put in a special request for Bluntman and Chronic dolls!

Jacob C (Sorry I didn't get a pic with Ashley and the dolls)

Matt W and my happy self

Mike D who gave a great interview!

Fellow extra I met on the set of JSBR in NOLA

Jay and Silent Bob Cosplayers!

The showing could not have gone better.  It is interesting seeing when people in the audience react at all the different showings.  Dallas was way more mellow but also close to 2AM when we were finally done.  As usual loved seeing my dear friends Brian and Nate get their "cameo" but, am always weirded out seeing myself.  I take comfort in knowing I am almost unrecognizable unless you know me and my headphones.

So, Dallas was amazing and spending time with Nate was a joy!  Getting to know our wonderful hosts Hope and Eric made it even better!  They were so kind and accommodating.  Not sure how it could have been better.  Thank you all so much for everything.

Nate and myself on the plane to Dallas!

Next stop Philadelphia then New York....

Thank you Kevin Smith, Jason Mewes, Liv Roush and Josh Roush for the kindness they have shown me and everyone throughout this long tour!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Me

Met You In St. Louis, Next Stop Dallas! aka Ode to Laura

The Why Of It All