Life Happens Or Crack Does...

My plans were big. Much bigger and always are at the get go.  As of today I've seen the Reboot Roadshow in 10 cities and 15 times.  Going good, a bit cold but good.  Then the illnesses struck.  Days in bed with my own ailments then my youngest got the flu right before the Christmas Holiday.

Yes, I wanted to be so much further by now.  Control is some sort of illusion.  Sometimes we have it sometimes we don't.  All we can do is roll with that rock all the way down the hill.  All cities have been amazing!  I'm pushing through even though in the winter my heater is on high until it hits 70 outside.  It is what it is though.  Getting great interviews and doing my own thing in the places I've visited.

I had so much extra time in Philly I followed Korey, a crack cocaine addict around for a few hours to get an unbiased view. 

There were 2 shows in Philly of which I only attended one because it just didn't work out.  It was an awesome show!  Great questions!  It always brings my spirits up when Kevin addresses an audience.  Even though there are things he may not like, we the audience, will never hear him talk about those things.  The positivity he brings is the best way of looking at life I've ever watched.  Always leave feeling with like a shield of goodness is following me for a few days.

Korey was also positive.  Let me start from when/where we met.  I used to live in the Hatboro-Horsham area of PA. It was about a half hour to 45 minutes to get to Central Philadelphia or South Philly.  I stayed in the areas I knew.  This was the Reading Market area.  A seemingly nice area until you actually look and see what is right in front of your face.  Nicely dressed adults ignoring the poorly dressed adults begging for dollars.

I usually buy a pack of cigarettes even if I am not smoking to give out.  This was no different.

Got asked by five or so people for a cigarette and change.  I was feeling for what kind of homeless crowd this was.  My guess was meth.  That is when I met Korey.

Korey was incredibly good looking with a dancers body.  Young enough to not look hardened by his lifestyle yet.  One of the most respectful humans I've ever met and, in his words, "super flaming gay" which he really didn't need to tell me but, out of respect I didn't assume.

After getting out of the AMC watching Terminator: Dark Fate I ran into him by an entrance to an underground train station.  He straight up asked for cash for crack.  Talked with him for about 20 minutes and came to a deal that I would give him $10 for a rock but he had to take me to where he slept and explain to me how he got into crack because I could tell he was supposed to be a dancer.

He agreed but of course wanted $20 and he would keep me safe.  I had my eye on an exit at all times even though it was before dark which was when I wanted to be out of the tunnels. He called someone, had me wait at a corner then met an SUV and came back to me.  We went down and he loaded his pipe.  Then, to my surprise, offered his friends the rest of it.  Asked him why and he said the same thing I say about pot.  He likes to share with people. It shouldn't be just for the lucky.  Doing it with friends is always better.  A couple of people asked me if I wanted some and before I could even answer no Korey jumped in and said Uh Uh keep that away from her!  She is with ME today and is MY girlfriend today!

I realized that he did this to keep the horny men away without an argument.  We then had the conversation about how he ended up here.  He told me it was a choice.  He came to Philly and spent two years studying dance at a prestigious art school.  I can't remember which one but it was an impressive institute for sure.

"So, when did crack enter your life?  Become your life?"  He responded "I was dancing hard I love dancing and then... I met a guy." "I work at this pizza joint and sleep down here unless I get enough money for a warm room and my crack but it is a choice. I know it is supposed to be bad for me or whatever but, I fucking love crack!"

He didn't make any excuses and made it clear he had no plans to stop any time soon.  Although he loved crack I could easily tell he didn't love sleeping on an air mattress in the train station.  Some people seemed more comfortable down there than others.  Definitely a dangerous way to live for any human being.

Got out of the tunnels in time to catch my bus to NYC and he gave me a great hug and exchanged phone numbers.  After returning home to Los Angeles he even texted me saying thank you and that he hoped I had safe travels.

My point is don't ever judge people. 

I did lots of other activities and met up with a couple friends but, I need to get this posted and have been afraid of being judged myself. 

Hopefully these will be more regular now that I'm getting back to being somewhat healthy. 

Thank you all for reading.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Me

Met You In St. Louis, Next Stop Dallas! aka Ode to Laura

The Why Of It All